Home | Contact Us
AutoCAD 2017 with What is AutoCAD, Installation, Versions, Download, AutoCAD 2020 Free Trial, Calculator, AutoCAD 2019, AutoCAD 2018, AutoCAD vs AutoCAD LT, AutoCAD 360, AutoCAD Icons etc.
<< Back to AUTOCAD
AutoCAD is a CAD (Computer-Aided Design) software that engineers, architects, and other professionals rely on to create precise 2D and 3D drawings.
The AutoCAD 2017 version was released on March 2016.
Features of AutoCAD 2017
The new features of AutoCAD 2017 are listed below:
- Share Design Views
We can securely publish our design views in Autodesk A360. We can share views of our design by forwarding the generated link that we specify without releasing the DWG file itself.
Access to the shared views is supported by every browser, such as Chrome, Firefox, etc. and does not require any additional software installation.
The primary command used is: ONLINEDESIGNSHARE.
- User Interface
The conveniences were added to improve the user experience, which are listed below:
- We can choose between the AutoCAD window arrow cursor and the crosshair cursor in the workspace using the CURSORTYPE system variable.
- We can easily send our 3D models from AutoCAD to Autodesk Print Studio for automatic final preparation before printing.
- The dialog boxes, which are now resizable, are LAYERSTATE, PAGESETUP, VBALOAD, DWGPROPS, EATTEDIT, INSERT, APPLOAD, and ATTEDIT.
- The preview area was expanded for attaching files, saving, and opening drawings.
- We can also specify the delay timing for basic tooltips in the Options dialog box and Display Tab.
- Coordinate Model: Osnap mode
We can specify precise locations on an attached coordination model using the standard center object snaps and 2D endpoints.
The primary system variable used is: CMOSNAP
The coordinate Model: Osnap mode feature is available only for 64-bit AutoCAD.
The files under the operating system's UAC are now trusted.
- Performance Improvement
The performance improvement factors are listed below:
- The performance of 2D Panning and Zooming has improved.
- The visual quality of linetypes has improved.
- The performance of object snapping by skipping the geometric center (GCN) computation for polylines with a huge number of segments has improved.
- The performance and reliability of 3DORBIT for models with a large number of small blocks containing edges and facets have been improved.
- Associative center marks and Centerline
The associative center marks and centerline feature does not replace the current method, but provides an alternative to the current method.
We can create center marks associated with circles and arcs and centerlines associated with selected line and polyline segments.
The primary commands are:
- Smooth Migration
We can generate a migration summary report from the AutoCAD customization settings into groups and categories organized by the new migration interface.
Due to this, migration is now easier to manage.
- PDF Support
We can import raster images, geometry, and TrueType text from a PDF file into the current drawing. The PDF data can be taken from any specified PDF file. The precision of data is limited by the precision of the PDF file and supported object types.
- The tooltips that are not necessary have been removed from the Purge dialog and Quick Select boxes.
- The TEXTEDIT command now repeats automatically.
- All the dimensioning commands now use the DIMLAYER system variable in AutoCAD.
- A new unit setting in the UNITS command has been added to the list of insertion scales, named US Survey Feet.